Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bullying . . . Rebecca Sedwick . . . Sheriff's response . . .Reader/Parent Response

Suspect showed 'total disregard for life' after bullied Florida girl's suicide, sheriff says

Sheriff Would Arrest Cyberbully Suspect's Parents If He Could

Bullies charged after 12-year-old commits suicide

Reader/Parent Response:

"My son was bullied in school and when he defended himself was going to be suspended from school for 3 days. On the way to school I stopped at the Police Office to see if they had been informed. This is when I found out they hadn't been contacted and an officer followed me to school. You should have seen the Principal when a police officer followed me into our meeting. By law the school needs to report any bullying immediately. When the officer heard both stories, my son ended up staying in school as he only defended himself after he was put in a headlock and was being punched. The school is now much better at working with the police with the new principal in place."